Saturday 29 May 2010

They seek it here, they seek it there...

Sock yarn. WHY is it so hard to find nice colours with a bit of nylon or polymide in the mix to knit nice socks in?
I don't know, or why, when I find some it's $17 for a dinky little 50g ball!
Usually I am forced to retreat to baby yarn with it's mix of wool and nylon. It works but it's hard to get a colour that really "pops!" instead of slightly insipid blue-pink-yellow-white-lime, (or just plain pucky colours!)
Brianna and I went to Spotlight yesterday (always a dangerous thing!) and for once she got more wool that me - mind you, I paid for it all! All I got was one more colourway of Moda Vera Noir.















It's the same stuff, just a different colour way as, This:

















And the stuff I used when I knit these,






















I thought I was very restrained!
The yarn was going out as $7 instead of $14.95 so there was certainly good motives behind it...really!
But I'll have to let them perculate while I fight my way though Brianna's top. I'm so close to finishing the back I can almost taste it!! But then I've got the front to do and that generally manages to temper my excitement. That and the fact I seem to be fast running through the yarn I'm using and since it was recycled from a jumper once it's gone, it is GONE!!
I may have to improvise something when It comes closer to the top.
Ah well. Happy Knitting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment