Thursday 20 May 2010

I finally thought of what I want for my birthday this year (even though it was actually 3 days ago)

After the meal we went out for on my birthday, hubbie asked me what I'd really like for a present.
See, he'd intended to take just me out for dinner but I thought the kid's would like a night out too. Also I didn't like to leave 18 yr old daughter having to chaporelle her 15 yr old brother without any warning. He's a special little individual...even if he does tower over us! So there were the four of us out for dinner.
At the only restuarant opened in Walpole (besides the Pub) on a Monday night.
The food was lovely but the ladies serving were...more mature than one normally finds wait-staff at most establishments.
And the lady serving us was partially deaf.
And she shook.
But she was really lovely and helpful. The other lady who brought our meals out from the kitchen was of a similiar generation but she still had her hearing and seemed steady enough.
After our mains, which everyone was happy with (except for a nasty experience with some battered onion rings!) we ordered desert.
No-one but me like the deserts. The kids found the creme caramels a little tougher than they were used to and Greg had difficulty getting through the jelly that made up his trifle...and lime isn't the best flavour to choose for trifle.
But anyway, we survived the night, and I was reminded again why we NEVER take Jordan out without a couple of Grandmothers to keep him in line and entertained. Long waits for food and nothing to say are not environs condusive to Jordan's particular brain chemistry! We go to the counter to pay.
$165 for the nights meal.
Oh. My. God.
If I'd realized it was going to come to that much I'd have left the children at home, I'd have suggested driving to Denmark to buy Chooks! $165!
But hubbie has been very kind and asked what I'd really likeas a present. Three days have passed now and I don't hyperventilate nearly as much as I did after we paid the bill. I finally had a thought.
I would like some knitting books.
So I've ordered 2 books from Fishpond. Both are sock books, one's a toes-up pattern book and the other's sock patterns from both the west and the east. Japan especially has some really beautiful patterns that you just don't see here.

So I've ordered them and now I just have to wait...
And be good. No more big spend ups for me! We just can't afford it!
Keep Knitting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment