Tuesday 18 May 2010

My New Market Banner!


Take one old white sheet and multiple colours of felt collected over the years and what have you got?
With a bit of creativity...A new Market Banner!
I printed off large prints of the temp san font I use and then Brianna and I cut out the letters a bit larger than the prints. Then I ripped the sheet in half length ways and we pinned them into place.
Nice :)










Then came the tricky bit.
I sewed each of the letters down with thickish crochet cotton. 13 letters of all sorts of shapes and thread that didn't really like being dragged through all the layers. I think I still have bruises on my thumb!






Then I washed it and hung it out.














I am VERY happy with the result! The Q is a little puckered but everything else is great!
Now all I have to do is sew in the sheet edges, attach some ties so I can tie it to my tent and then we're done.
Sighhhh.
And I am at peace with the world...well, at least for a minute or so :)

No comments:

Post a Comment