Sunday 16 October 2011

Project Completed!!

I've done it! The vintage jumper is completed! I'm very happy with it, it fits! All I need to do now is wash it and hope a little of the scratchiness washes out. Here is what I did today.
I finished all the components this afternoon. There were seven in all, a front, a back, two arms, a collar strip, bow and loop.
They fit together quite well after I figured out which side each of the arms belonged on (the pattern directions weren't very helpful in that regard.) and it looked very impressive.
I ended up tacking the collar down becasue despite the suggestion that folding it down was all that was necessary I soon realized that unless I wanted to wear the jumper and endlessly fiddle with the collar because I was sure it was rolling up I'd better tack it down. I also tacked the bow in place too because it kept flopping forward.
I like it :)
Now I have to find another project otherwise my fingers are going to start twitching. I've been knitting pretty much solidly for the past weeks and I don't know what to do without something to work on.
Happy Knitting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment