Wednesday 19 October 2011

A Worthy Pattern for a Worthy Yarn

I spun this gorgeous, scrumptious merino I bought from a craft store in Denmark called Majestic Merinos a while back and spun it as a two ply into one reasonably large skein and then set it aside because I didn't want to waste it on anything shabby. 
I remembered a pattern in one of my Spin-Off magazines for a lovely yet simple scarf. Since I tend to despise scarfs that are just one long strip of mindlessly boring knitting this pattern had the attraction of a small wedge being knit on each side as you went back and forth over the scarf. Perfect! And it only took me three days to do it!
I used upthe whole skein and it looks so good! Feels great too! Now all I need is to get another project up and running. I've still got that alpaca and wool combo to use up!
Happy knitting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment