Thursday 6 October 2011

Twinkle, twinkle, Little star...

..well, they do look kind of like that. I've finally got a group of pendant trays with a tatted motif embeded in resin all finished. Not 100% satisfied with it myself yet but I'm getting better!
The first group I did I didn't warm the resin first and there are tiny bubbles trapped in the resin not to mention I didn't coat the motifs in PVA glue to keep there colour from becoming washed out when the resin absorbed into it. And some of the background colours weren't the best choice for displaying the motifs either.
These ones are an excellent example of what not to do!
While this one, while beautifully clear...
...still has bubbles trapped in it. But at least I'm getting better at mixing the resin!
Now all I need to do is wait till I get the chains I've ordered off www.etsy.com (LOVE Etsy! I've gotten most of my supplies from there and have had excellent service so far!) and some more pendant trays. And then tat some more motifs, without getting bored doing the same ones over and over and over...
I have a relatively short attention span sometimes :)
Keep Happy!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks :) I'm looking forward to getting the chains though so I can show them off better!

    ReplyDelete