Tuesday 1 March 2011

And now, for something a little different!

But not a walk in the black forest!(sorry, allusion to an episode of The Goodies!)
I wanted to get rid of some of the acrylic yarn I'd bought to make my Cobblestone Jumper, of which I still have something like 7 100g balls left! And the pattern for a cat bed or Snuggly caught my attention. It was really easy too. Whipped it up relatively quickly, added the wadding to the rim, sewed her up and hey presto! 2 Balls down and a cute nook for the cats!

But there are things I would change if I did it again. Cast on more stitches would definitely be top of my list. Although I doubled the yarn I was using I forgot to go up a couple of needle sizes so although it's nicely compact it's not really very big. Case in point:

This is Tippy, my senior cat. He's actually pretty diminutive for a cat and he just fits in it. But at least he seems to like it and it was a very quick knit. Probably no more than a couple of days and I think it only took that long because of the large gauge yarn and the smaller than necessary needles made the knitting a bit stiff. But it's cute and That's all that matters!

Happy Knitting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment