Tuesday 29 March 2011

Dusting off the shuttles!

I got a sudden urge to dust off the tatting shuttles and do a little tatting, especially since while knitting a pair of mits I poked one of the double pointed needles (2.75mm) through my left forefinger leaving it a little tender to knit with. But tatting has a whole different movement. I'm pretty happy with my latest work :)


The pattern is from an old pattern book I have of tatted edgings and such put out by Paragon. Mostly complex doilies with too many frills and bits for me but this was a lovely simple styled corner and really quite surprisingly simple and fast! I finished all four corners in about 3 days and that was by no means constant work either!



This is what they'll look like when I finially put them on anything. That could be another story altogether. I'm a shocker for finishing something and then leaving it without completing its essential purpose.
A case in point is the two edgings I had completed at least two years ago and then put away without putting the edges on to anything. I remedied that last weekend! Finally got out some material I had, hand edged the squares and then handsewed the edging on. Finally! All finished!!!



They look really pretty too. Such a shame it took me so long to finish them totally. Ah well. My fingers finally healed and I can start knitting again so putting down the shuttle for a little while but probably not as long as last time. Just keep it nearby...for when ever I poke a needle through my finger again
Keep happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment