Saturday 19 March 2011

Cross Stitch Design

I spent all yesterday making up a cross stitch design for a poem I love from The Lord of the Rings". By now I know it off by heart! It's the peom written by Bilbo Baggins about Aragorn and how he is the King of Gondor.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring:
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

It took all day and it's only now I realize it will be quite a large cross stitch to execute. Because I'm so mathmatically challenged the actual effort involved to plot this out without graph paper at home (had to make up some from the internet) was pretty funny. Each line and the decorative border and break have been worked out on paint with a graph I got my son to rig up for me which I then printed and cut out and stuck down on the HUGE graph sheet I joined together from 6 sheets of graph paper. Now all I need is the courage to actually do it!



I might have to wait a while before I have the strength....
Ah well, enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment