Saturday 26 June 2010

And at last! Completion!!

I've finally finished Brianna's top! and hopefully added another picture of a project for Ravelry since it didn't have one for this pattern. Here it is in all its finally glory!




























There were a few things I'd change if I knit this again (which I wont be!). The armholes should really continue decreasing until you start the straps otherwise you end up with these knitted wings sticking out past your arms. I ended up having to fold them over and tack them down. It just ruined the whole look of the thing!
Also, the girl modelling this top in the book must be tiny! because it really isn't the most flattering of shapes for busty hippy women. The lace edging is nice though and really does cling at your hips but the whole thing then billowing over it does tend to detract from it.
But it's done and its what Dear Daughter wanted so I sent it up to Albany with her Father today. Apparently she loves it but we'll see whether she holds to that after she's worn it for a while. There are a lot of things I'd change if I'd known before I started but that's life!
And it is lovely and warm :)
Keep Knitting :)


No comments:

Post a Comment