Wednesday 26 January 2011

The Modern Vintage-y Look

I bought these great ball of yarn from Spotlight, Moda Vera Irena. They're so soft, almost like chenille. And I wanted to try making a bag, sort of a market/carry bag. So, after cannabilising two other patterns from Ravelry, one the bottom of a bag and the other is the lace pattern from an in-the-round hat, I improvised the rest. I think it turned out pretty good.



If I did it again I'd do the gap between the handles different. I knit the stitches together instead of casting off because I thought it would be too floppy. Now it's a bit stiff which means it'll probably wear out quicker. And the vintage handles that I had didn't unscrew as they appeared to so I had to knit them on. Not difficult but definitely more fiddly.
So there's my latest project up on this wonderful Australia Day here. Hope everyone's enjoying it and our wonderful country.
Happy Knitting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment