Thursday 20 January 2011

Hubbie Home from New Zealand!

And he had a lovely time! Sightseeing, riding on the gondolas, seeing snow, a variety of other things I haven't quite got all of it yet but a great time was had by all!
He was a smart man too, he brought back gifts...and what great gifts they are!
If he never does anything else he has covered himself with glory in his choice of pressies that he brought me back from wonderful New Zealand. This is what he got me...

This absolutely beautiful hank of kid mohair/merino blend wool. It isn't even as itchy as I find almost anything with mohair in it! It. Is. Gorgeous!! My eldest said, "well, at least we know what to get Mum if we're in another country. Just buy her a ball of wool she could probably buy here!" He was shushed immediately and told that I'd never seen anything like this (and even if I had I'd never have had the courage to buy it!) and that I loved it!!
If that wasn't enough to give him top marks as the smartest husband on the planet, then he gave me these...


Aren't they absolutely beautiful? A deep amethyst purple. They are so soft and warm! Merino + Possum + Silk makes for a wonderful mix! They are lovely!
After these I was pretty much as chuffed as I could get. Hubbie isn't noted for his powers of perception when it comes to the likes and dislikes of those of his family (he still buys dearest daughter chocolate-covered sultanas although she hates, has always hated and will continue to hate sultanas!) so for him to have been discerning enough to chose these amazing gifts was really lovely and sweet. But he hadn't finished. He had been to New Zealand after all!

You can't go to New Zealand without buying some paua shell. They are beautiful and another lovely gift that I will treasure.
So Hubbie's home, the house is no longer quiet but that's okay and I have some new lovely wool to find a pattern to do it justice to knit it up in. Now if I could only find the circular needles I need to return to Spotlight next time I go up I'll be pleased. They're tied up with their receipt, ready to go, but guess what I did?...
...I put them in a safe place! Do you think I can find them now???
Breathe deeply, deep cleansing breaths...
Happy Knitting :)

2 comments:

  1. AWWW, dad does every now and then buy the best presents, I think it must just be him walking into every different store, and asking the lady what Ben: a car enthusiast would want, Jordan: movie/computer nerd, Me: anything that would go with a bad attitude but a lovely face, Mum: WOOL. =P I love the wool though and the jewellery is gorgeous. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, that is so funny your description of yourself :) Now I keep holding the yarn and squishing it and thinking what I'll use it for, you know, after I complete the three or four other projects I have going!

    ReplyDelete