Monday 13 December 2010

I really am Knitting, not just Puddling away with Dye!

I really am! But I've got some more dyed yarn to show so don't make fun of me!
please?

Okay, I dyed this 2ply yarn that handles like cotton but clearly isn't. It certainly doesn't dye like cotton! But it's really a bit thin for knitting anything I might actually wear, like a shirt. So I balled up two of the skeins and plied them together on my Traditional Spinning Wheel. It worked out pretty well actually. If anything I wish I'd plied it a bit tighter. But otherwise it's great! About a 4ply thickness.

It has a slightly stonewashed look about the colour, which is a nice strawberry pinky/red. I balled it up and admired my handywork! I've got to get a better photo tomorrow, the colours not nearly this washed out but it's right near a window.

Now I just need to put it away with all the rest of my VAST collection of yarn until I come across something that seems to have it's name on it. It's not like I haven't got anything to go on with.
I'll be good now. I wont be dyeing anymore fibre for a little while...
...at least I don't plan to.
Happy Knitting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment