Sunday 19 December 2010

Ah, the Christmas Time of Year...


Okay, I've never been a fan of this time of year and really feel a little freaked out with the stress surrounding December plus some lovely extras from other aspects of life that we could all have done well with out! But I'm sure it'll all work out...
...it usually does.
Anyway, I have been busy, mostly with stuff that doesn't matter much.
I've taken a new photo of the dyed ball of yarn I plied on my wheel so the colours nicer.

And I finished washing, carding, spinning and plying the small bag of wool I got with my traveller. It's lovely and soft :)

Also I started drawing a concept drawing of a rock eating dragon-like bird thing from one of my story ideas. It's been sitting on my mantlepeice while I look at it and think what to do next and last night I broke out the art supplies!

I'm not the best painter, I'm not terribly confident in colour choice and I've never painted anything that was scales and feathers...or even all scales or all feathers! And I haven't photocopied the original so this could quite literally blow up in my face if I stuff this up but at least I've got the tracing of the original drawing. Wont help with the riders on it. They're freehand and all I have is a tracing of their placement, not their details.
But I like it. This is the first layer so I have to wait until it's really dry before I have another go at it.

So that's what I've been doing so far instead of christmas shopping which I can't do at the moment. Probably helping me stay sane. Roll on Christmas Day. The actual day I DO like!
Happy Knitting and Merry Christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment