Monday 8 November 2010

First Sock Done!

I have finally finished the first sock! It's one of the few really good reasons to knit two socks at once, even though I always find the first couple of centimeters horribly fiddly, is to avoid second sock syndrome! But I know what I'm doing this time so it shouldn't take too long. Turned out pretty cool actually.



The sock all stretched out. Nice stripe pattern :)



The heel and toe will be different on each sock because of the stripes pattern but I think that'll look fine. I couldn't be bothered to try and cast on in a similiar part of the colour change.



And how it looks on a real bloke's foot. I had to borrow youngest son's enormous feet because the sock looks ridiculous on my midgy little foot. If they fit the boy's foot they'll definitely fit the almost-son-in-law's!
Have already finished the toe on the next sock and now working my way through the foot so hopefully a pair of socks will be completed in the not too distant future!
Yayyy!
Happy Knitting :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I showed Aaron, he said they look awesome! They are like cute elf socks. I like the pattern on the top of the sock, looks cool. Very Impressive mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) At least I know I've got a present he likes.

    ReplyDelete