Saturday 17 May 2014

Today is My Birthday!!

And I've had a lovely day! My presents all came by post so I've been extra good and saved opening them for today...and that was hard since I knew what two of them were! I've been mooning over this box for over a week!

So, after trying to sleep in and failing thanks to sore shoulders and leg I gave up and started opening my pressies!
The first one - from my Mum!
She loves me and understands my addictions so she got me an Australian Galah cross stitch kit, two balls of novelty yarn from Spotlight that feel and look wonderful, a memory and charms necklace and a memo book with a pen. Really looking forward to making something nice with the yarn!
The second one is from Me, really. I have this pattern in one of my magazines, The Knitter with a wonderful pattern for a fair isle vest in lovely colours. So I ordered the yarn kit from Jamieson and Smith - Shetland Wool Brokers Ltd.
I'm kind of nervous now. The pattern has all the traditional attributes of fair isle, the stranded colour-work, corrugated rib and steeks and everything! But I'm going to put it aside until I've finished everything else I've got going. Even the cross stitching might have to take a back seat! But I'm really excited to actually do a honest-to-goodness Shetland Island item with the proper wool!
And lastly, another present to myself.
I've always loved the Anne of Green Gables collection but I've never had a chance to read all through the series in the proper order. I only had the first book and I've read the others at different times I think through library loans but I really wanted the whole set so I could go through the journey properly...and now I can! They look so cute and their in their own box and everything!
Everyone I loved rang and wished me happy birthday, and Hubbie bought me chips for lunch (in a little town like this, you're grateful for any take away food you can get and I love chips!) and all in all it was a lovely pleasant day. I am so blessed and days like today remind me that I have so much to thank God and those he's placed around me for. Sigh...
Oh well, another year passes by and time marches on. See you all later :)


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday a day late! I can share your excitement for your mum's gifts of craftwork and everything...and your sweet present to yourself. I also have the same dinner on my birthday ! Question about the chips part. (not being from UK, when one has 'chips' does that include the fish?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For most people, yes. However when Mum says chips, she literally means chips. Plate full of salty, soggy chips, with a side of diet coke and she's happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You say that as if there's something wrong with that :) And they're soggy because I like them to sweat in the bag and be doused in vinegar. Scrumptious!!

    ReplyDelete