Friday 16 May 2014

Blackwork, Redwork...whatever you call it!

I love the impact of fine lines on fabric and blackwork has that sort of impact in spades! Especially when it's centred on a single small motif. So, like the pin cushions I just finished, I have about 5 designs that are either entirely blackwork or use it principally and I'm going to make a collection of scissor fobs using them. And so here is the first offering! It's kind of off-putting calling it blackwork when it's red but I can handle that, even if my kind of aspergers-y brain keeps saying you can't call it that! Dammit! I will tough it out. Shut up Brain! That's what it's called!!...
...Anyway, here's the latest.
See? Isn't it pretty?

One done, onto the next side.
When I started assembling this I used beads again around the edge since it looked so good on the last pin cushion and I used crochet cotton for the tassel and the loop at the top.

And here it is, as it would be used on a pair of scissors (I only had my shear scissors on hand). 

All stuffed nice and tight so I can put needles securely in there and the beads look so nice. Sigh. I am very happy with this if you hadn't noticed. And what ever takes my mind off possibly having ruptured my Achilles tendon is a good thing. Damn body falling apart!
See you all next time. Off to start the next one!



No comments:

Post a Comment