Monday 22 August 2011

So much FUN!

I've been enjoying muself immensely with all this lovely wool to spin and this merino top was scrumptious! I spun up two bobbins so I could ply the resulting singles into a 2ply yarn that was about fingering weight. When I washed it a HEAP of dye came out but I think I got rid of most of it. It looks so nice!!! I can't wait to find something worthy of it to knit :)



But what I am most proud of is I finally finished my Buttercup Top. I used recycled yarn from an unravelled cotton blend jumper and knit Large although I could have gotten away with Medium I suppose. But I like the slightly oversize look. I serves very well as a smock to layer over other clothes. I'm really pleased with it and I wore it today even though it's not blocked or anything.



I LOVE it!
Happy Knitting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment