Tuesday 19 April 2011

Buttons, buttons everywhere!

I've been enjoying returning to cross stitch for a while and I got these self covering buttons with a cross stitch magazine I bought. Then I started thinking of the things I could put on them and I suddenly remembered the motifs I can make with tatting. A few pieces of calico, different colours of crochet cotton and a few shuttles and Viola! I have some of the cutest, most individual buttons you'll ever see !
Aren't they sweet? I wish I had heaps more but as you can see I've covered all the ones I have. Next time I'm in town I'm going to see if I can get more and some different sizes too. These are kind of big. With finer cotton I could cover quite small ones. So pretty, so unique! Sighhhh. I could just sit and look at them all day.
Anything that makes you smile should be encouraged, right?
Have fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment