Saturday 19 October 2019

Sometimes my brain highjacks my body!

Recently, for some reason or other, my brain has become dissatisfied with the cellophane bags I put my knitted bunnies in when I ship them. They work fine since the bunnies usually travel in a postal bag.

BUT...their ears always get flattened.
See!

So I started looking at the lovely way other handmade soft doll makers shipped their toys and the idea slotted into my mad cataloging brain...
It said,YES! WE MUST HAVE IT!!
Pointing out that it was already 10pm, that there were dollies I was already knitting waiting had absolutely no effect. The hamster in my brain kept running madly in his wheel, loudly percolating ideas...
I WANT PRESENTATION BOXES FOR MY BUNNIES!
Yeah, great but we don't have any money. And even if we did we'd have to order them and that'd take time and...
WE HAVE CARDSTOCK. I BET WE COULD FIND A BOX TEMPLATE SOMEWHERE!
Yeah, probably, but...
HERE! ORIGAMI RECTANGULAR BOX WITH LID. EASY! COME ON! GET THE STUFF!
But the card's not big enough for the boxes we need to make!
...STICKY TAPE THEM TOGETHER! THEN THEY'LL BE BIG ENOUGH!
Not too professional looking but, hey! What do I know?...
MUST GET IT DONE! HAVE TO HAVE BOXES!!

And now I have boxes. 
Which are sweet but not nearly as nice or sturdy as I'd like but they're good for making them easy to find when people buy them. 
So I guess the crazy side of my brain wasn't far wrong. Even the little pics on the end of the boxes was a good idea!

I hope, sometime in the future that I sell enough of my bunnies and toys to purchase professional lidded boxes that could actually withstand the postal service because these wouldn't last a minute! But I guess I can fit them in mailing boxes now without them sloshing around.
And the Obsessive Ideas part of my brain is appeased and I can have my brain and body back and the hamster has curled up in his little house to sleep until the next obsessive idea come along and he jumps back up and gets back in his wheel. 

Ah well, life in my brain is never dull!

God bless you all!
Dx

No comments:

Post a Comment