Friday 11 February 2011

So What have I done this Week?

Laundry done? Nope. Although I did wash a load of towels but didn't manage to put them on the line. Hey, it's drizzling out there...on and off...when I look out the window...
Ironing started? Eh, negatori!
Floors swept? Carpets vacuumed? No and...nope.
But I have been knitting! Look, all the nice pretty things I've been making!
I made this lovely cat-ornament-cat-thing...



...and then I knit these really great felted slippers from a great magazine I bought when I was in Albany last...with wool that I also bought in Albany...even though I have an obscene amount of wool at home that I could have probably practiced with...but I digress!



The backs with the buttons are how the heels ended up because my feet are so ridiculously small that even felted the slippers were HUGE! But aren't they cute!!

Still knitting the Blush Vest and don't have a nice picture and we went to Albany for dinner with newly returned In-Laws (They've been to New Zealand, lucky hobbits!) so took slipper pattern and wool I'd spun and dyed and knit up another pair of slippers over the course of the night and even managed to felt them when I got home! And they turned out so well!!!



Aren't they pretty? The heels are different again to the first pair. I wanted to put a button detail on them again but they didn't fold over the way the first ones did and I didn't like how the heel kind of hung out. So I sewed them up to about 2cms short of the heel and then gathered the heel up so it made a nice circle where you heel goes. Hey, it makes sense to me! And they fit! What more could I want?

Well, I think that's about it. I've done a bit of dyeing acrylic yarns...not sure I want to do that again. It smells funny for starters! But I now have some interesting coloured yarn that I'm not sure what to do with, one of them so acrylic-y that it squeaks! I think that one may find its way to being a market bag or something.


This boring pink fluffy became this almost elmo-oh-my-god red fluffy stuff


And this was the Acrylic then...and now. Better colour, just as squeaky!
A most productive week...of a kind. Hey, the house I will always have with me but inspiration comes only now and then, or sometimes more often...depending on the yarn available...or the patterns that crop up...but definitely not as often as housework anyway!

I'll have to give serious thought this weekend though to vacuuming, laundry and ironing otherwise the Hubbie will begin to remonstrate. And I've got to have a look at Chapter Nine of Raven of Arlon before another week flies by. Sigh. Why can't I get paid by the quota of Creative energy I generate.
Oh well....
Happy Knitting :)

2 comments:

  1. A: that cat is so cute, that's what I invisioned that demonic owl I made Aaron to be like. . . didn't turn out that way though.
    B: Is there any way I could get a hold of a pair of those awesome clog-like slippers? They are the coolest things, ever!
    C: Nice to know you're still taking advantage of all of Pum's business plans =)
    Love you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A. Thanks, the cat is awfully cute.
    B. Of course there is! I can make you up some and sent them over, just tell me what length your foot is.
    C. When haven't I spounged shamelessly off Pum and when hasn't he tried to wriggle out of it? Grandma and I were relentless!

    ReplyDelete